Main Text: Numbers Ex 23:20-26, Deut 7:11-14, 2Pet 1:8
“Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.
But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries. For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off.
Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images. And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee. There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil” Exodus 23:20-26.
Barrenness, as far as being a yoke, is a stronghold and a faith killer. It is a stronghold because it will hold you very strongly against your hopes, dreams and beliefs. And it is a faith killer because when all hopes, dreams and beliefs begin to fade away; fear comes in and faith extinguishes. This, beloved is the beginning of the journey of unfulfilled promises leading to unfruitful living.
The word of the Lord alludes that “Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared”.
This is very interesting, it means then that there is a place prepared ready by God for you to enter into and I believe with all my heart that this place is bound to be a place of fruitfulness or else how can His praise and glory be declared and given to Him?
However, in getting to this prepared place there is the condition of obedience that you must adhere to in other to get into this prepared place and experience the joy of it. Unfortunately this is one condition that a lot of Christians struggle to keep; and no wonder a lot are barren and continues to remain barren even though he call upon the name of the Lord.
There are two types of barrenness a person can experience or suffer; this can be either spiritual or physical (Mental, Financial, childbirth etc). The former (spiritual) is the most important as this can have a direct effect over you physically. Once you are spiritually barren, it is very possible that you will be barren physically.
Why? There is no gain saying it that you will lack the understanding of who God is and who God has called you to be. As a result instead of doing things God’s way, you will be trying to do things your own way. No wonder scripture further alludes;
“There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death” Pro 14:12.
Beloved are you struggling with barrenness right now?
If you are, then there is a need for you to ask yourself some questions about your life of obedience to God. If you can imagine God in His true regalia, you will get a better understanding of what fruitfulness is all about.
For you to successfully break the yoke of barrenness, you will need to locate and identify the reason for your barrenness. Medical doctors would tell you that they need to carry out a diagnosis on a patient for them to better treat the patient.
You might be saying that you always obey God’s word or instructions; but are you sure about this?
Beloved, as a child of God you cannot disobey God’s words and instructions and still expects to prosper or become fruitful in your undertakings. It therefore means that you will have to deal with the spirit of disobedience in your life in order to break off the yoke barrenness from off your life.
I don’t believe anybody can hinder or obstruct your fruitfulness once God is involved in your life. Don’t believe the lie that someone or some people somewhere are witch hunting you and use this as an analysis for your barrenness in life. This is a calculated attempt from the pit of hell to Di-focus, sidetrack and put you in the dark. The devil is defeated!
The following nuggets will help you to deal with the yoke of barrenness if you faint not.
1. You must be sure you are truly born again, that you have sincerely repented of your sins and have given your life to Christ. The bible says “He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy”Proverbs 28:13.
2. You must be sure you are walking in obedience to the word and instructions of God. Including making sure that you are obedient in giving your tithes and paying your vows. Scripture says; “If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken” Isaiah 1:19.
3. Be sure to commit yourself to a life of prayer. Spend quality time with God in prayer. Jesus said: “men ought always to pray and not to faint” Luke 18:1. Take some time to pray fervently and vigorously.
4. Be sure to commit yourself to what God cares about. Holiness, faith, soul winning, missions, care for the poor and the needy, righteousness, truth and justice.
5. Be sure to spend quality time in meditation of the word of God day and night and that you are committed to walking in the word of God by faith. God told Joshua in the book of Joshua: “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success” Joshua 1:8.
Did you notice the word “good success”? This is the same as being fruitful in every area or ramification of your life.
May you enter and begin to enjoy a life of fruitfulness!
BY PASTOR T ABUWA.