Introduction: Our life at work represents a significant amount of our waking hours and represents a majority of our relationships. Jesus invites us all to follow Him as a disciple, as a student, housewife, a working mother, a business owner, a worker at any job, a retired person, and a career developing person. We are all invited. God invites you and me to follow Him as we work – to develop a strategic work life. All the principles we will develop apply to every person in all seasons of life. Those at work will be the target, but all will see how to apply these insights into their world where they do life.
I. WORKLIFE STRATEGY
Worklife strategy: To lift our life at work to a new level of purpose and influence that turns every-day work into a dynamic mission
B. RECLAIMING THE SEVEN MOUNTAINS OF CULTURE
1. Family: God formed male and female to establish families that reflect His glory. May we restore Christ as the head of our families.
2. Education: should reflect the truth about God and man so that the truth shall make us free. May we seek and promote the true meaning of life through education.
3. Media: God communicated to man through a variety of ways. May we restore the ability to communicate truth and good news using His creative avenues.
4. Arts and Entertainment: should reflect the glory and majesty of our Creator. May we be instruments to celebrate His creativity in the arts, sports, fashion, entertainment, and every other way we celebrate and enjoy life.
5. Government: God gave man government to establish freedoms and boundaries. May we reflect His loving-kindness and righteous judgments in our government.
6. Religion: God never gave man a religion, but an opportunity for an intimate relationship with his Creator. May we come to know His presence and power in each of our lives.
7. Business: should be viewed as a place to worship God through the area of our calling. May we worship God through our gifts, talents, and resources to build His Kingdom.
C. RECLAIMING MY WORKPLACE
1. Workplace mission: to see my workplace as a God placement where I serve God with excellence and purpose, influencing people for Christ and expanding the Kingdom of God every day
2. Four areas to reclaim our workplace:
a. As a mission field
b. As a massive opportunity
c. As a place of influence
d. As a divine appointment
II. CLARITY OF LIVING LIFE IN THIS WORLD
Worklife clarity: awareness of God’s original purpose for work, which enables you to live your whole life with greater clarity
A. CLARITY OF THE WORLD GOD CREATED
1. The world is created by God and I am to be a steward. I have responsibility to God’s world. I am to be fulfilled as I develop my work and service in this world.
Psalm 8:6 You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your …
By Frank Damazio