Prayer zone for a better, empowering, inspiring, promoting, prospering, progressing and more successful life through Christ Jesus

Archive for the ‘Security News.’ Category

Israel Renews Call For Strike On Iran’s Nuclear Facilities.


 

Israel has two options. They can either a). conduct a preemptive strike on Iran’s nuclear facilities and at the very least set the timeline back a few years. Or b). they can prepare to be attacked by the nuclear bomb that Obama’s stalling has allowed Iran time and space to build.

Jerusalem, Israel – A rising chorus of Israeli voices is again raising the possibility of carrying out a military strike on Iran’s nuclear facilities in what appears to be an attempt to draw renewed attention toTehran’s atomic program — and Israel’s unhappiness with international negotiations with the Iranians

israel-renews-call-for-preemptive-strike-on-iran-nuclear-facilities

Israel knows the clock is ticking, and they also know that Obama has no interest in a military option against Iran. Multitudes, multitudes in the Valley of Decision.

A front-page headline in the daily Haaretz on Thursday proclaimed that Netanyahu has ordered “to prep for strike on Iran in 2014″ and has allocated 10 billion shekels (2.87 billion dollars) for the groundwork. Earlier this week, Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon hinted that Israel would have to pursue a military strike on its own, with the US having chosen the path of negotiations. And the military chief, Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz, said this week that Iran “is not in an area that is out of the military’s range.”

Yoel Gozansky, an Iran expert at the Institute of National Security Studies, a Tel Aviv think tank, said the comments were meant as a wake-up call to the world.

“The world was in a coma. It has awoken suddenly,” he said of the military-option talk. “Someone has an agenda to bring up this subject again, which has dropped off the agenda in recent months, especially after the deal with Iran.”

Israel believes that Iran is trying to build a nuclear weapon, a charge Iran denies. Israel says a nuclear-armed Iran would pose an existential threat to the Jewish state, citing Iranian calls for Israel’s destruction, its development of long-range missiles and its support for hostile militant groups. source – Times Of Israel

by NTEB News Desk

Advertisements

Obama Sends Another Video Love Letter To His Favorite Middle Eastern Country.


“The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer” – Barack Hussein Obama

WASHINGTON — President Obama offered the people of Iran a potential “a new beginning” Thursday, “including a better relationship with the United States and the American people, rooted in mutual interest and mutual respect.”

Obama used the occasion of Nowruz, the Iranian New Year, to send a short video via Internet and international broadcasters to a country that, a top aide pointedly noted, routinely censors Internet content.

“Along with our international partners, the United States is giving Iran some relief from sanctions. Now we’re engaged in intensive negotiations in the hopes of finding a comprehensive solution that resolves the world’s concerns with the Iranian nuclear program.”

He then made clear, “As I’ve said before, I’m under no illusions. This will be difficult. But I’m committed to diplomacy because I believe there is the basis for a practical solution.”

Iran’s highest officials, including Supreme Leader Khamenei, have said that Iran is not developing nuclear weapons. So there is a chance to reach an agreement if Iran takes meaningful and verifiable steps to assure the world that its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes only.”

“Iran would have access to peaceful nuclear energy,” Obama said. “And we will have addressed — peacefully, with diplomacy — one of the greatest challenges to international peace and security.” It was unclear how many Iranians would have access to the video or whether state television would air it. By early Thursday, it had not. source – NY Daily News.

by NTEB News Desk

Malaysian Airplane Probe Looks at Suicide as Possible Motive.


The co-pilot of a missing Malaysian jetliner spoke the last words heard from the cockpit, the airline’s chief executive said, as investigators consider suicide by the captain or first officer as one possible explanation for the disappearance.

No trace of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 has been found since it vanished on March 8 with 239 people aboard. Investigators are increasingly convinced it was diverted perhaps thousands of miles off course by someone with deep knowledge of the Boeing 777-200ER and commercial navigation.

A search of unprecedented scale involving 26 countries is under way, covering an area stretching from the shores of the Caspian Sea in the north to deep in the southern Indian Ocean.

Airline chief executive Ahmad Jauhari Yahya also told a news conference on Monday that it was unclear exactly when one of the plane’s automatic tracking systems had been disabled, appearing to contradict comments by government ministers at the weekend.

Suspicions of hijacking or sabotage had hardened further when officials said on Sunday that the last radio message from the plane – an informal “all right, good night” – was spoken after the tracking system, known as “ACARS”, was shut down.

“Initial investigations indicate it was the co-pilot who basically spoke the last time it was recorded on tape,” Ahmad Jauhari said on Monday.

That was a sign-off to air traffic controllers at 1.19 a.m., as the Beijing-bound plane left Malaysian airspace.

The last transmission from the ACARS system – a maintenance computer that relays data on the plane’s status – was received at 1.07 a.m. as the plane crossed Malaysia’s northeast coast.

“We don’t know when the ACARS was switched off after that,” Ahmad Jauhari said. “It was supposed to transmit 30 minutes from there, but that transmission did not come through.”

FOCUS ON CREW

The plane vanished from civilian air traffic control screens off Malaysia’s east coast less than an hour after taking off from Kuala Lumpur. Malaysian authorities believe that someone on board shut off its communications systems.

Malaysian police are trawling through the backgrounds of the pilots, flight crew and ground staff for any clues to a possible motive in what is now being treated as a criminal investigation.

Asked if suicide by the pilot or co-pilot was a line of inquiry, Malaysian Acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said: “We are looking at it.” But it was only one of the possibilities under investigation, he said.

Intensive efforts by various governments to investigate the backgrounds of everyone on the airplane had not, as of Monday, turned up any information linking anyone to militant groups or anyone with a known political or criminal motive to crash or hijack the aircraft, U.S. and European security sources said.

One source familiar with U.S. inquiries into the disappearance said the pilots were being studied because of the technical knowledge needed to disable the ACARS system.

Many experts and officials say that, while the jet’s transponder can be switched off by flicking a switch in the cockpit, turning off ACARS may have required someone to open a trap door outside the cockpit, climb down into the plane’s belly and pull a fuse or circuit breaker.

Whoever did so had to have sophisticated knowledge of the systems on a 777, according to pilots and two current and former U.S. officials close to the investigation.

Malaysian police searched the homes of the captain, Zaharie Ahmad Shah, 53, and first officer, Fariq Abdul Hamid, 27, in middle-class suburbs of Kuala Lumpur close to the international airport on Saturday.

Among the items taken for examination was a flight simulator Zaharie had built in his home but a senior police official familiar with the investigation said there was nothing unusual in the flight simulator programmes. A second senior police official with knowledge of the investigation said they had found no evidence of a link between the pilot and any militant group.

Some U.S. officials have expressed frustration at Malaysia’s handling of the investigation. The Malaysian government still had not invited the FBI to send a team to Kuala Lumpur by Monday, two U.S. security officials said.

 

VAST SEARCH CORRIDORS

Police and the multi-national investigation team may never know for sure what happened in the cockpit unless they find the plane, and that in itself is a daunting challenge.

Satellite data suggests it could be anywhere in either of two vast corridors that arc through much of Asia: one stretching north from Laos to the Caspian, the other south from west of the Indonesian island of Sumatra into the southern Indian Ocean.

Aviation officials in Pakistan, India, and Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan in Central Asia – as well as Taliban militants in Pakistan and Afghanistan – said they knew nothing about the whereabouts of the plane.

China, which has been vocal in its impatience with Malaysian efforts to find the plane, called on its smaller neighbour to immediately expand and clarify the scope of the search. About two-thirds of those aboard MH370 were Chinese.

Australia has offered more resources in addition to the two P-3C Orion aircraft it has already committed.

Malaysian Transport Minister Hishammuddin said diplomatic notes had been sent to all countries along the northern and southern search corridors, requesting radar and satellite information as well as land, sea and air search operations.

The Malaysian navy and air force were also searching the southern corridor, he said, and U.S. P-8A Poseidon surveillance aircraft were being sent to Perth, in Western Australia, to help scour the ocean.

At the same time, the U.S. Navy said the destroyer USS Kidd was ending its search operations in the Andaman Sea.

 

NORTH OR SOUTH?

Electronic signals between the plane and satellites continued to be exchanged for nearly six hours after MH370 flew out of range of Malaysian military radar off the northwest coast, following a commercial aviation route across the Andaman Sea towards India.

The plane had enough fuel to fly for about 30 minutes after that last satellite communication, Ahmad Jauhari said.

A source familiar with official U.S. assessments of satellite data being used to try to find the plane said it most likely turned south after the last Malaysian military radar sighting and may have run out of fuel over the Indian Ocean.

The Malaysian government-controlled New Straits Times on Monday quoted sources close to the investigation as saying data collected was pointing instead towards the northern corridor.

© 2014 Thomson/Reuters. All rights reserved.
Source: Newsmax.com

Police In Rivers Arrest Man With Explosives.


The Rivers State Police Command has announced the arrest of Ibrahim Aliyu, a 30-year old man from Nasarawa State, in what it described as the bid to rid the State of undesirable elements.

A statement by the Commissioner of Police, Tunde Ogunsakin, said Aliyu was arrested in Ndele Town in Emouha LGA with a huge quantity of dynamite explosives, along with a detonator and cordless wire. He hails from Ndo Village in Agbada Local Government Area of Nassarawa.

“The suspect confessed to be member of a kidnapping syndicate based in Ogbogoro Town and member of a bank robbery syndicate that operates between Port Harcourt and Akwa-Ibom State,” the statement said.  “Investigation is ongoing while other members of the syndicate will be brought to face the wrath of the law.”

Ogunsakin reiterated the full and unwavering commitment of the Police Command to protect lives and property of the people in the state, adding that criminals and evil doers have no place in Rivers.

“It is either they desist from unlawful acts or find another State to hide,” he warned.

Source: Radio Biafra.

Army can crush Boko Haram –Biafrans mass murderer Gowon assures.


By MOLLY KILETE. Abuja
Former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon, has said that the Army has the capability and wherewithal to crush  Boko Haram and restore peace in the three states under emergency rule. The states are Adamawa, Borno and Yobe.
Gowon, who disclosed this at the Abuja success summit organized by Redeemed Christain Church of God (RCCG) Harvest House Parish, said if the Army succeeded in surmounting the civil war which lasted 30 months and returned the country as a one united Nigeria, then the Boko Haram insurgency is a toy game in the hands of the military.
He said: “ I know that our Armed Forces have the capability. I was their Commander-in-Chief once and I can assure you they have the capacity to do  well and win this war against insurgency”.
The former Head of State, while assuring Nigerians that the war against insurgency would soon end, said it was the hard work of the Army and other security agencies that has prevented Abuja, from being attacked by the terrorist group that is bent on wreaking havoc on Abuja, the federal capital.
He said that but for the effort of the military which acts swiftly on intelligence report, Boko Haram would have taken over the entire city which is their heart’s desire to show their supremacy.
Gowon urged Nigerians to join hands with government in the fight against insurgency that has taken over the North-East and expressed doubts if members of the sect are Nigerians”.
General Gowon told the participants, made mostly of youths as a young military officer he led the country and triumphed in the civil war that threatened the soul of theNigerian nation.
He said: “The civil war that we had to fight was not borne out of hatred, it was just a disagreement between two brothers, I was very concerned about the ordinary people. It was not out of hatred.
“My question is that these people who are doing this, are they truly Nigerians? because I don’t want to believe that a true Nigerian no matter how aggrieved, can do what these people are doing.”
Also speaking at the summit, Nigeria’s former High Commissioner to the United Kingdom and former chairman of SURE-P,  Dr. Christopher Kolade, urged youths to make sacrifice for the nation and make it a better place for all.
Dr. Kolade, who urged the youths not to run after ill-gotten wealth also charged them not to forget God, when they eventually make money.
He said: “When your silver and your gold have multiplied along with everything else, be careful that you do not forget the Lord, your God, remember that it is He that gives the power to be successful.
He recalled how he went to jail over a program while working as the Director of Programmes at the defunct Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation (NBC) and eventually became the Director-General of the organization two years later because of his hard work, dedication to duty and taking responsibility as a boss.
Also speaking, Senator Oluremi Tinubu, who while assuring that Nigeria will not break up however, called on the youths to rise up to the challenges of the leadership of the nation.
She said: “ Nigeria is not going to break up, you might be the right crop of leaders that Nigeria needs and you don’t need to be afraid, you just stand in line to be counted”.
In his address, the host and pastor of the parish, Muyiwa Adebayo, said the summit was organised to give hope to the youths who are also the leaders of tomorrow to transform the nation. He said the summit is the third in the series organized by church.
(From Biafra Galaxy)

Fulani herdsmen attack Catholic Church, kill 35 persons in Taraba.


Suspected Fulani herdsmen yesterday killed 35 persons and burnt property worth millions of naira in an attack on Ikyo, Catholic Church, Agwaza, Kokonbo, Azer, Lijam, Akesa, Tyow Doshima, Tse Saka and Kwaghlando districts in Takum local government area of Taraba State.
A resident of one of the villages, Hon Peter Kaaov told newsmen on Sunday that the armed men identified to be Fulani headsmen numbering over 70 invaded the villages at about 2pm.
Kaaov, who said he fled with his newly wedded wife to Takum town, further said that over 16 persons were killed by the gunmen in other sorrounding villages while several others sustained various degrees of injuries.
He further said that the invaders were identified to be Fulani herdsmen who came from Benue as a result of the crisis between Tivs and Fulanis in that area.
The Divisional Police Officer in charge of Takum, DSP Aghogho Akpovwovwo, when contacted by other media house said he was not in the position to speak to the press.
Meanwhile, the Acting Governor of Taraba State, Alhaji Garba Umar yesterday donated relief materials to over 5,000 internally displaced persons (IDPs) taking refuge in in different locations in Takum.
Umar, who was represented by the state executive secretary, State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA), expressed sadness over the way the Fulani herdsmen are terrorising innocent people, and called on the refugees not to avenge the wrong done to them.
(From Biafra Galaxy)

Again Boko Haram kills two; sets churches, houses ablaze.


 

BY NDAHI MARAMA, MAIDUGURI
Suspected members of Boko Haram terrorists have again invaded Pela Birni village of Hawul Local Government Area of Borno state, killing two residents before setting ablaze two churches and many residential houses ablaze.

Pela Birni is one of the populated and remote village under Kwajjafa District in southern Borno with Christian domination, and about few kilometres drive to Garkida town of Adamawa state.

Witnesses said, the gunmen who came to the village at about 10pm on Sunday with sophisticated weapons opened fire on their targets thereby displacing hundreds of residents who are now taking refuge around the mountainous areas of Kwajjafa District and it’s environs.

Mallam Musa Anjili Pela Birni in a telephone call to our Correspondent said, he narrowly escaped being killed by the attackers, as the house he was sleeping in was also set ablaze.

“The gunmen invaded our village at about 10 o’clock in the evening on Sunday, they started shouting God is Great. In some houses, they did not shoot at the residents but ordered them to vacate their houses and set them ablaze, saying we are here for God work”.

Another Resident who did not want his name mentioned in the print told our Correspondent that most of the neighbouring houses near the Church of Brethern, (EYN in Hausa) were set ablaze including the church, while two people lost their lives, as well as many sustained injuries.

He said, the gunmen who were large in number carrying AK47 rifles, petrol bombs and Improvised Explosive Devices ( IED’s ) had a field day and wrecked havoc on innocent poor civilians.

The Chairman of Hawul Local Government Area, Dr. Andrew Usman Malgwi confirmed the incident, lamenting that the rate at which suspected insurgents are holding people to ransom in Borno state and other states in the north east is worrisome, and calls for serious prayers from all and sundry.

“Yes there was an attack in one of my village (Pela Birni) yesterday (Sunday evening) which led to wanton killings and destruction of property. We have communicated to relevant security agencies on the matter who have swung into action with a view to apprehend the perpetrators, we have also mobilized our people to ascertain the damage and assist the displaced Persons as an interim measure”.

The Chairman however expressed shock and displeasure over the incident where innocent citizens and poor villagers who live from hand to mouth will be attacked, killed and have their houses including places of worship burnt down by insurgents for not just cause.

(From Biafra Galaxy)

Tag Cloud