Prayer zone for a better, empowering, inspiring, promoting, prospering, progressing and more successful life through Christ Jesus

Posts tagged ‘Daily Mail’

Phil Robertson Says He Won’t ‘Give or Back Off’ in Wake of Controversy.


Phil Robertson
Phil Robertson has spoken publicly for the first time since A&E indefinitely suspended him from the hit reality seriesDuck Dynasty‘ last week. (Courtesy of duckcommander.com)

Phil Robertson has spoken publicly for the first time since A&E indefinitely suspended him from the hit reality series Duck Dynasty last week following controversial statements he made.

The patriarch of the Robertson family found himself embroiled in controversy when an interview he did with GQ magazine was published Wednesday, in which he made remarks about homosexuality. On Thursday A&E announced his suspension.

When asked what is sinful, the 67-year-old answered, “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there—bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.”

Paraphrasing 1 Corinthians, he said, “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

On Sunday during a 45-minute Bible study class he leads at his church in West Monroe, La., Robertson responded to the controversy.

“I love all men and women. I am a lover of humanity, not a hater,” the Duck Commander company founder said at the class at White’s Ferry Road Church of Christ, which he allowed a Daily Mail reporterto attend.

“I am just reading what was written over 2,000 years ago,” he explained. “Those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom. All I did was quote from the Scriptures, but they just didn’t know it. Whether I said it, or they read it, what’s the difference? The sins are the same, humans haven’t changed.”

Robertson closed the Bible study with a prayer, which included the words, “I will not give or back off from my path because You conquered death, Father, so we are not worried about all the repercussions.”

The future of Duck Dynasty, which just finished shooting its fifth season, is unclear.

“While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible,” the Robertson family said in a statement released late Thursday night. “We have had a successful working relationship with A&E, but as a family we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm.”

Other networks that have offered to run Duck Dynasty include Daystar, the Hunt Channel and the Pursuit Channel, but the Robertsons’ contract with A&E reportedly says the family couldn’t do another show for a certain period of time.

Source: CHARISMA NEWS.

Cameron Asks Danish PM to Auction Controversial Selfie for Charity.


Image: Cameron Asks Danish PM to Auction Controversial Selfie for Charity

By Melanie Batley

British Prime Minister Dave Cameron has privately asked the Danish prime minister to auction off the selfie she took of them with President Barack Obama at Nelson Mandela‘s memorial service, suggesting it could raise significant amounts of money for charity.

Cameron had a conversation with Helle Thorning-Schmidt last week, British newspapersThe Daily Mail and The Sunday Times are reporting, after the world leaders faced a barrage of criticism for taking the smiling photo as thousands of mourners gathered to pay tribute to the 95-year-old former South African leader.

Thorning-Schmidt has so-far refused to release the picture, which was taken shortly after Obama’s tribute to Mandela. She reportedly told a Danish newspaper that it was not “particularly good,” and sources say she wanted to delete it, according to the Mail.

Cameron was grilled about the picture in Parliament during Prime Minister’s Questions last week, explaining he obliged to be photographed because he “was being polite.”

Cameron’s office has refused to confirm if the conversation took place, or if it did, what was discussed, according to the Mail.

Thorning-Schmidt previously defended the shot, saying the trio was “just having a bit of fun.” The White House, meanwhile, has not commented on the photo.

Related Stories:

© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Charlotte Church: Young Stars Forced to Be ‘Hypersexualized’.


 

Charlotte Church
British singer Charlotte Church says young female pop stars are pressured by industry bosses to wear inappropriate clothes. (Reuters/Andrew Winning )

British singer Charlotte Church has spoken out against the pressure on young female pop stars to sell themselves as sex objects, in a lecture for BBC 6 Music.

She talked about her own experience of being pushed into wearing inappropriate clothes as a young artist by industry bosses.

She said record labels are encouraging singers “to present themselves as hypersexualized, unrealistic, cartoonish, as objects, reducing female sexuality to a prize you can win.”

She explained: “When I was 19 or 20 I found myself in this position, being pressurized into wearing more and more revealing outfits.

“The lines that I had spun at me again and again—generally by middle-aged men—were: ‘You look great, you’ve got a great body, why not show it off?

“Or: ‘Don’t worry, it will look classy, it will look artistic.’ I felt deeply uncomfortable about the whole thing, but I was often reminded by record label executives just whose money was being spent.”

The singer, now 27, said young female artists were routinely “coerced into sexually demonstrative behavior in order to hold on to their careers.”

In a feature for the Daily Record newspaper, a former music magazine editor said artists are dressed provocatively because “sex sells.”

John McKie said: “In a sense, this OTT imagery comes from a place of fear as the record company and artist have to do everything they can to make the record sell.”

And medical psychology professor Andrew Hill said that sexualized images can have a powerful influence on children and that there are “intense pressures” on both sexes to conform to what they see.

He said: “There’s a tendency for us to look at others and compare our adequacy and to look to how we might change and improve ourselves.”

He added: “That’s alive and kicking and it’s very important for adolescents. We can pick it up at pre-teen age.”

Church’s comments come as fellow star Annie Lennox also hit out at the sexualization of pop videos.

Lennox said some music videos have become “highly styled pornography with musical accompaniment,” and should be subject to an age-rating system.

It follows a recent controversial dance routine by Miley Cyrus which was highly sexualized.

A columnist in the Daily Mail said the “young and vulnerable” should be shielded from things they “lack the maturity to understand.”

Sarah Vine said, “I can’t bear to think of my 10-year-old debasing herself in the style of Cyrus.”

Source: CHARISMA NEWS.

THE CHRISTIAN INSTITUTE

British ‘White Widow’ Said to Be Behind Nairobi Mall Attack.


The British widow of 2005 suicide bomber may be behind the Kenya shopping mall seige — and among the terrorists who were killed in the carnage,  The New York Daily News reported Monday.

Known as the “White Widow,” Samantha Lewthwaite, a 29-year-old mother of three, has been on the run since her husband Jermaine Lindsay blew himself up in the July 7, 2005, suicide bombing strikes in downtown London.

An intelligence officer and two soldiers told Reutersone of the killed attackers in the terror strike on an upscale Kenyan mall over the weekend was a white woman.

Defense chief General Julius Karangi said militants “from all over the world” took part in the Nairobi assault.

The Somali terror group Al Shabab have claimed responsibility for the horrific attack, and lauded the “White Widow” on its Twitter account, claiming she was involved in the bloodshed, London’s Mirror newspaper reported.

“Sherafiyah lewthwaite aka samantha is a vrave (sic) lady! were happier to have her in our ranks!” In another posting they warned: “This is no more than a drill for a bigger event!”

“I suspect this woman Lewthwaite is behind this attack,” a senior anti-terror source told the Daily Mail as survivors described how a woman in a veil appeared to be commanding the other terrorists as they hunted down and killed non-Muslim shoppers, shooting them to death if they could not recite the Koran.

In December 2011, Kenyan police found chemicals similar to what was used in the July 7 London attack after raiding a two-room apartment in in Mombasa, the New York Daily News reported. Lewthwaite had rented the flat, but was not captured.

A British man, Jermaine Grant, was arrested at the apartment and said he was working with Lewthwaite.

Earlier this year, the “White Widow” conspired with another terrorist to free Grant, according to Kenyan prosecutors, the News reported.

She is connected to other terror attacks and as been described as a financier, recruiter and trainer for al-Qaida, and the creator of an all-women jihadist squad in Somali, The Daily Mail reported.

Her nickname came from British journalists tweaking the term to fit Lewthwaite, described by some Al Shabab tweets as the “White Sister.”

© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

By Cathy Burke

NSA Spied on Wives and Spouses at Times.


The massive resources of the National Security Agency — the nation’s beleaguered spy agency — have sometimes been put to use eavesdropping on agents’ love interests, The Wall Street Journal reports.

The NSA even gave such intelligence collection a name — LOVEINT. One unnamed official told the Journal the practice was infrequent — averaging roughly one per year.

But officials told the Journal LOVEINT was the most willful misconduct by NSA workers.

Each instance of LOVEINT spying was against a spouse or partner, and involved overseas communications, the Journal reported. Each was met with “administrative action of discipline,” the Journal reported.

Most were self-reported, including those reported during polygraph examinations.

In a statement, NSA said Friday there’d been “very rare” instances of willful violations of any kind in the past 10 years, and that none have violated key surveillance laws.

“NSA has zero tolerance for willful violations of the agency’s authorities” and responds “as appropriate,” the statement said.

Democratic California Sen. Dianne Feinstein, who chairs the Senate intelligence committee, told the Journal the agency made Congress aware of “isolated cases” that took place about once a year over the last decade.

“Clearly, any case of noncompliance is unacceptable, but these small numbers of cases do not change my view that NSA takes significant care to prevent any abuses and that there is a substantial oversight system in place,” she said. “When errors are identified, they are reported and corrected.”

Media reports say more spying disclosures from former security contractor Edward Snowden are expected to be published by both The Guardian and The New York Times in the coming weeks, according to The Daily Mail.

© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

By Cathy Burke

Report: 400 US Surface-to-Air Missiles Went Missing in Benghazi.


A lawyer representing one of the whistleblowers with knowledge of the deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi last September says 400 surface-to-air missiles were “diverted to Libya” during the attack and fell into “the hands of some very ugly people.”

In an interview with Washington, D.C., radio station WMAL on Monday, Beltway lawyer Joe diGenova said he “does not know whether [the missiles] were at the annex, but it is clear the annex was somehow involved in the distribution of those missiles,” Breitbart.com reported.

ObamaCareYou Can Win With The Facts 

Saying his information “comes from a former intelligence official who stayed in constant contact with people in the special ops and intelligence community,” diGenova said the U.S. intelligence community is terrified the missiles might be used to shoot down airliners — and that fear, in part, fueled the closing of embassies in the Middle East last week.

“They were afraid that there was going to be a missile attack on one of the embassies,” he said, The Daily Mail reported.

“Remember, you can take a shoulder-held missile and shoot it into an embassy. Not just into the sky.

“That’s what this was all about,” diGenova insisted. “That’s why they’re so worried. That’s why they have lied repeatedly about what happened in Benghazi, because they are now responsible for all of the stepchildren of violence that happens as a result of this. This is a very serious matter.”

DiGenova’s wife, Victoria Toensing — a former deputy assistant attorney general — also represents Benghazi witnesses and others with knowledge of the terror attack, according to the Mail.

“A lot of people have come forward to share information with us,” he said during the radio station’s “Mornings On The Mall” program.

“We have learned that one of the reasons the administration is so deeply concerned” is that “there were 400 surface-to-air missiles stolen, and that they are … in the hands of many people, and that the biggest fear in the U.S. intelligence community is that one of these missiles will be used to shoot down an airliner,” diGenova said, adding that his sources have told him the missiles are in the hands of al-Qaida operatives.

“And it’s pretty clear that the biggest concern right now are 400 missiles which have been diverted in Libya and have gotten in the hands of some very ugly people,” he said.

DiGenova was U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia for four years beginning in 1983, and later was an independent counsel appointed to investigate a State Department official who ordered politically embarrassing searches of the passport files of Bill Clinton, Clinton’s mother, and Ross Perot before the 1992 presidential election.

In 2007, the New York state Senate retained him to investigate then-Gov. Eliot Spitzer over allegations that he ordered the State Police to track the whereabouts of Republican State Senate Majority Leader Joseph L. Bruno when he used police escorts to travel to and around New York City.

Now, diGenova and Toensing, a former chief counsel for the Senate Intelligence Committee, represent Gregory Hicks, the deputy chief of mission at the U.S. Embassy in Libya at the time of the Benghazi attacks; and Mark Thompson, a former Marine who serves as deputy coordinator for operations in the State Department’s counterterrorism section, the Mail reported.

The lawyers say Hicks’ and Thompson’s superiors subjected them to an intimidation campaign after then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s Accountability Review Board ignored their accounts of the Benghazi attack.

Toensing told Fox News in April one of the two men was warned about the impact on his career if he cooperated with Republican investigators in Congress.

“It’s frightening, and they’re doing some very despicable threats to people,” Toensing said, the Mail reported.

“Not ‘we’re going to kill you,’ or not ‘we’re going to prosecute you tomorrow,’ but they’re taking career people and making them well aware that their careers will be over.”

President Obama has said he is unaware of any witnesses from Benghazi who have been prohibited from working with Congress. Secretary of State John Kerry has attributed such stories to “an enormous amount of misinformation.”

In a May 30 letter, CIA Director John Brennan told personnel stationed in Benghazi that they were free to speak with Congress, but that they should involve their chain of command and follow specific procedures, the Mail reported, adding the measure was seen by some as a subtle warning that CIA agents must not approach lawmakers on their own.

© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

By Cathy Burke

Libs Launch Massive ‘Justice For Trayvon’ Protest Rallies Across America.


20130715-110643.jpg

Protests spread across the country Sunday in a second day of demonstrations in the wake of the sensational not-guilty verdict for George Zimmerman after he shot dead unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin.

Demonstrations, from Florida where the trial took place to Atlanta, DC and New York, remained largely peaceful, though Los Angeles protesters managed to shut down an entire freeway and thousands of New Yorkers mobbed Times Square and blocked traffic for an hour.

Emotional crowds screamed ‘Justice for Trayvon’ and carried signs that likened the struggle of the slain teen and his supporters to that of the original civil rights movementsource – Daily Mail UK.

by NTEB News Desk

Tag Cloud